Sunday, July 9, 2017

You'll Miss Me When I'm Gone



The first moment we met, I knew it’d be you,
The one I would marry someday.
And the first date would prove it, the fact that I knew it,
You proposed on an interstate highway.

I was downing the last of the wine that we had,
And the proposal I have to admit
Was not real romantic, in fact I was frantic,
So much so it caused me to spit!

The stain on the ceiling brought all kinds of feelings
Each time I looked up to remember,
To be sure you weren’t kidding, I took 10 months to answer,
Before pledging together forever.

Friends asked, are you sure? Do you know he’s the one?
And my answer – it didn’t take long
There was never a doubt, because I saw in your eyes
That you’ll miss me when I was gone.

The years passed so quickly, routines got disrupted,
And families continued to grow.
But all through the years that we’ve been together,
You’ve confirmed what I always have known.

Of course nothing is perfect, our story’s not fiction
And life isn’t always a song.
But I still can see it, though your eyes are more weary,
You’ll miss me when I am gone.

The same goes for  friends and my loved ones alike,
My children especially so
We may not have said it, each time that we should have,
But love need not be spoken, but shown

The knowledge is there, when I look in their eyes,
Their thoughts are the same as my own.
I know that they love me; I know I’m not wrong,
Because they’ll miss me when I am gone.

Our days here are numbered, and fate sometimes enters
At the most inopportune time.
No need to regret the things left unsaid,
Or the wishes you thought had been mine.

Remember the love and the laughter instead,
Hear me whisper to you every dawn;
“I always have loved you, and always felt loved,
And I’ll miss you all when I’m gone.

2 comments:

  1. Mr Pedro recently helped us with a loan which we used to expand our business. The process was amazing! He was in touch with us frequently to check in and to update us on what was happening throughout our loan repayment. He was friendly and approachable and always able to clear up questions that we had. We had such a great experience working with Pedro!!
    Contact A Loan Officer Pedro
    Email: pedroloanss@gmail.com
    WhatsApp: +18632310632

    ReplyDelete